Any comments, posts, or submissions you make must be original or include attribution to the source(s) even if the source is not copyrighted material.
We ask that you refrain from posting anything that falls into any of the following categories:
1. Requests for protection and advocacy services or postings that could cause DRW to incur legal liability
DRW does NOT accept or respond to requests for services made on its Rooted in Rights or DRW websites, by e-mail, or by any of its social networking platforms.
If you are a resident of Washington state and want to request services from DRW, you’ll find detailed information by visiting the requesting services page of the DRW website.
If you are a resident of another state or a U.S. territory, you’ll be able to find information about your protection and advocacy entity by following this link to the National Disability Rights Network website:
The exception for requesting services is that we strongly encourage you to use the DRW website to request publications available from DRW.
2. Comments we know or suspect to be inaccurate which are presented as factual. We will err on the side of caution here. As an unknown wise person once said, you are entitled to your own opinions but you are not entitled to your own facts. However, we do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information in the comment section and expressly disclaim any liability for any information posted, or websites linked to here.
3. Comments that are unrelated to the post in which they are submitted
4. Posts that contain language or links we consider to be uncivil
5. Because of our nonprofit status, comments that show a preference for, or opposition to, a candidate for elective office or a political party
6. Comments which solicit personally identifying information (names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers)
7. Comments which are used for advertising or contain copyrighted material you are not authorized to use
8. Complaints regarding DRW. (Instead complaints should be mailed to DRW Executive Director, 315 Fifth Avenue South Suite 850, Seattle, WA 98104)
9. Requests for a DRW response. (These too should be mailed to DRW Executive Director, 315 Fifth Avenue South Suite 850, Seattle, WA 98104)
Please understand that you are responsible for the materials you post.